Monday, July 2, 2012

Haul: Clothes, Shoes, and Jewelry

I can't say that I buy clothes very often (not more than once a two or three-month period), but when I do, I prefer quality stuff. Too bad quality stuff is usually very expensive...But fortunately, when I came to the US I discovered two stores that sell quality things for cheap(er) - TJ Maxx and HauteLook. The former is just a chain store selling designer fashion and home items at discounted prices, whereas the latter is an online store with great daily deals on clothing, accessories, home decor, and other things of various brands.  These two stores have become my favorite, and whenever I decide to go shopping, I don't hesitate.
This last month has been fruitful in terms of shopping, so I want to share my happiness with you guys and show you what I got from those and some other stores:
 

This first crop cardigan is from HauteLook. It's 100% silk and the brand is Shu Shu. It originally cost $92, but I got it for only $23! This style fits loose, but still looks nice on, and I love all the embellishment it has!


This cardigan I bought in TJ Maxx - it was the only (or the last one) they had and luckily it was my size! It's by Juicy Couture and made of 100% merino wool. The original tag says it's $158, but I got it for $49.99. What a deal! It has bows at cutout shoulders and cuffs, which I really really love!


 This month can be called a "cardigan" month lol. Ok, this open knit cardigan is also from HauteLook and is by the brand called DEPT. Its original price was $138, but it was on sale for $35 there. I didn't expect the cardigan to be good quality just because the pictures on the site didn't show it well enough, but when it came in the mail I was pleasantly surprised how nice it really was. It's 100% cotton and has holes creating different patterns all over the cardigan. I'll show you what I mean in the next OOTD post.

 These tank tops are from Target, and they also were on sale for $6 each.

I had been wanting a neon swimsuit for a long time, and I was happy to find it at my local Victoria's Secret! I decided to go for non-matching pieces, which I think turned out different, but pretty.

 These shoes are from TJ Maxx. The ones on the left are by Etienne Aigner, the ones on the right- by BCBG.

I like the jewelry department at TJ Maxx as there you can find some amazing pieces at a low price. I wasn't planning on buying jewelry, but when I saw this cuff bracelet I couldn't resist, especially since it's by Tacori, my favorite brand of jewelry.



 It's platinum plated over sterling silver and has a unique lace design throughout the cuff with some CZs in the front and two oval canary yellow stones as endcaps. It was the only one in the entire store, so I'm glad that I got it! I was searching for more information about it online and found out that its full name is
Tacori IV Diamonique Epiphany Cuff Bracelet with Faceted Endcaps and that it's sold by QVC. Here's the link if you are interested: http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.J156958.desc.Tacori-IV-Diamonique-Epiphany-Cuff-Bracelet-w-Faceted-Endcaps

Ok, that was a huge haul lol. If you live in the States and want to save some money on clothing and accessories, definitely check these stores out, if you haven't done so already. I just wish all countries had such great discount stores...

Thank you guys for reading and good luck on finding good deals on whatever you'll be shopping for next time!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your Tacori bracelet. That was a GREAT find! There is a TJ Maxx right next to my office and one right next to my apartment and I totally agree with you - it is a great place to find some really really good deals! Great post!

    www.hsinrusocial.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I love TJ Maxx :) Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete