Thursday, July 26, 2012

Birchbox July '12

I've been subscribed to Birchbox since December, and all the boxes I got (maybe except for one) were quite good.  Almost every box included at least one really good product that pretty much paid off the entire box. I feel the same about this month's box. 
This month Birchbox teamed up with Glamour magazine to bring the subscribers a multisensory experience, as you can tell by looking at the sleeve of the box shown above.
That's what I got:

 1. Color Club nail polish in the color Blue-Ming. It's mint color that is so popular right now. I don't really like anything blue or green on my nails, but I'm definitely going to try it on my toenails.
2. The neon earbuds. They are nice-looking, but unfortunately, poor quality. The sound they produce is horrible! It's highly unnatural and makes you feel very far away from the source of the sound. I'm going to keep them as a backup though.
3. Harvey Prince Eau Flirt - Lavender Pumpkin. The sample is very small, and the fragrance itself is not something that I'm into. I normally like both lavender and pumpkin, but I couldn't smell them in the fragrance. It's very, VERY sweet and heavy...I like fresher scents for sure. 
4. Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum.  This is supposed to be lightweight sunscreen, which would be perfect for oily/combination skin. I haven't tried this one yet, but I'm excited to do so as I don't like heavy creams and I use sunscreen daily. I'm also glad that they included two packs of it.
5. Tea Forte minteas. These tea-infused mints came in a little tin box in the shape of a leaf. So cute! The flavor is ginger pear, and I like them! Great substitution for gum.
6. Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black (full size!!!). This eyeliner is my favorite part. It was very timely as I needed a new black eyeliner anyway. This one is so thin! And it has a very long tip which makes the application more comfortable and fool-proof. I've had multiple liquid eyeliners in the past, but this one is by far the best. As soon as I run out of this one, I'm going to buy another one. I'll most likely do a separate blog post on it since I love it so much lol. 

Overall, I liked this box, especially since it was only $10, while that Eyeko eyeliner itself is $15. Good deal, isn't it?

Have you tried any beauty subscription services/boxes? What do you think of them?




No comments:

Post a Comment